Monday, 7 April 2014

A wake up moment

Driving my son (7) to his mates house today I had one of those moments that took me by surprise.
"Mum do you know that S (7) does the cleaning and cooks dinner everyday"
"Really?, don't you mean he helps do the cleaning and helps cook dinner?"
"No. He told me that he does it".
"Oh............I thought his mum did it. So what does she do during the day?"
I'm very well that she is a stay at home mum who looks after a three year old and studies part time.

"She watches tv and uses her iPhone", he replied.
I laughed. "what!!"

So the million dollar question
"So what do you think I do each day?"

It went quiet....
"Play with Sora (the Labrador)...................(time lapse) ........... make lunch (little sister)............ (more time) watch tv!".

Is this just my son or is this a seven year old boy thing?
I plan on sharing what I do with my day with him more often to clear up the difference between image and reality!

For what it's worth I asked my 5 year old and my 9 year old at dinner. I got better answers with them.

Go ahead ask your kids, I'm curious to hear what they think too

1 comment:

  1. My son (8) is convinced that I drink milk and watch pokemon all day. When I asked why the house wasn't full of empty milk cartons he said that actually I have a second secret house I drive to at night when he is sleeping, and I drink milk there without him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, I love hearing what you have to say as much as I love to write so please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...